This is a smart and funny video that illustrates an event that happens in fandom circles I don't understand and that peeves me.
I am a married almost 21 year old woman. I plan on having kids (not that soon). I don't get home some fans use those things as an excuse to leave the fandom. You can leave the fandom because your priorities changed: Your family is number one and you have no time for other things. For someone who is truly immersed in the fandom, being married and having children isn't a hindrance, but a chance to express your fangirl nature in other ways, for example:
- Tardis PJ's for your toddler.
- Harry Potter themed marriage.
- Attending conventions as the Loki Family.
- Having a movie/tv marathon with your kids (if it's appropriate for them).
- Making meals based on your favorite source material.
- Fanfiction can be written by anyone of any age, marital status, or amount of kids.
If you REALLY consider yourself a fangirl, it is a way of life. That will never change. If you abandon it after getting married and having children, then you were never really a fangirl to begin with.
CUMBERBITCH FOR LIFE!!!