- This character is either evil, antisocial, or cray cray.
- This character has more power that your average person.
- This character is well spoken (awesome word choice) and/or intelligent.
- This character has the "bad boy" air to him, maybe even prone to violence (physical or verbal).
- This character is not know for his triumphs, but rather failures or things not going his way.
- This character is attractive in an almost unconventional way.
- This character has glimmers of sensitive humanity.
|Billy Idol took my look, mate.|
Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer follows this list. We first meet him in Season 2 as this evil Brit bad boy vampire, known for his sharp tongue, Billy Idol looks, and his less than stellar attempt to kill Buffy. His lines are so quotable it's insane. He isn't one note, though. He has these little moments where he seems fragile and sensitive. He's met every number on the list. So we can use him as a benchmark for my "type" of guy character.
Who else falls into this "Spike Factor" list?
- Sherlock (BBC)
- Loki (Marvel)
- Will Graham (NBC)
Do you have a favorite character who has the "Spike Factor". Do you detest characters who fall under that description? I'm interested in comments.