Apr 6, 2013

When Did I Start Falling For Opera Singers and Psycho Detectives?

Last night was just amazing. The hall was packed, everything looks very well put together, and there was never a dull moment. Completely blown away by the talented finalists that sang at the Opera Idol event. My absolute favorite was this performer named Sean (I'll find out his last name later) who just had the whole package: stage presence, a beautiful and powerful voice, and a very anti-diva attitude. He was also pretty cute...The event ended 10:00 pm-ish, and I noticed I had stood up the entire time since 6:00 pm.

After this prissy chick won Opera Idol, I was invited out by the lovely Michelle (Marketing Director), Ruth (Leasing agent at the property we were at), and Mary (Ruth's friend). Needless to say we caused a ruckus at the IHOP we descended on. Nice conversation, no end to the laughs, and we looked like we'd been friends forever. Left there 12:30 am-ish.

So if you get a chance to go see some opera live, you really should. I never expected to enjoy it, but it was very powerful and moving in person.

SIDE TRACK! I started watching Sherlock (BBC) a couple of days ago, and I am an addict for the chemistry between actors Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) and Martin Freeman (Watson). Both actors have had some very main stream success; Martin being the main in The Hobbit, and Cumberbach being the villain in the upcoming Star Trek film.

There are 2 seasons up on Netflix, each 3 episodes at about hour and a half length each.

The real reason I watch it...

No comments:

Post a Comment