May 16, 2013

When Did I Start Dreading Laundry?

Laundry isn't a lot of fun, I think we can all agree on that. I used to gripe all the time about doing it when I lived in Florida, but I had no idea what I was talking about. Now I live in Chicago, and I know what really hating laundry feels like.

ORLANDO:

  1. Separate laundry.
  2. Walk 20 steps to Laundry Room by your kitchen.
  3. Throw in a load and sit in the living room watching TV.
  4. Throw load into dryer. Sit in living room again.
  5. Take clean cloths 20 steps back to bedroom.
  6. Repeat.
CHICAGO:
  1. Separate laundry. Stuff into 3 or 4 laundry bags.
  2. Struggle to take 3 or 4 laundry bags down 3 flights of stairs.
  3. Load everything into the car, and drive to laundromat.
  4. Fight for limited parking at laundromat.
  5. Fight for limited washers/dryers in laundromat.
  6. Fight for EXTREMELY limited washers/dryers in laundromat.
  7. During the whole ordeal, sit in a hot building with 10 loud kids running around.
  8. Pack clean cloths into laundry bags.
  9. Drive home.
  10. Take laundry up 3 flights of stairs.
You can imagine my IMMENSE joy having to do this every 2 weeks now that James is in Florida. I'm not ashamed my husband does the laundry while I work, I think it's fair. So now I have to go with my parents to do it, and that is a new layer of suck...

I miss in-unit laundry almost as much as my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment