May 8, 2013

When Did I Ever Feel So Grateful?

Today my husband, James, started his first day at work. He left his parent's house at 7:30 am, and returned at about 9:00 pm. I can't even tell you how amazed, proud, and grateful I am for having him as a husband. 

He's always been wiling to do anything for me, and I sometimes can't help but feel I don't deserve his love and devotion. Somehow, he seems to think the love I have for him is enough motivation, even though I think I'm more dead weight than anything else. So, I'm going to stick to thanking my lucky stars he decided to marry me.


So without further ado, here is a poem for my husband:


This life was bleak
under my sky
as I simply let
the time pass by.
You showed me
and taught me
how to really
love myself.

I never knew
til I knew you
what good loving
could really do.
Then suddenly
I loved you too.
It all made sense.

Now my life is better spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment