Aug 14, 2013

Cheese With My Whine: Lunch Break, Cable, Weather, and Driving

Welcome to Cheese with My Whine! It's hump day, and in the middle of the week, what else could I want to do more than vent a bit of the weeks frustrations. Let's go down the (granted small) list.

  • Guess what? When I'm on my lunch break, just because I stay at my desk, doesn't mean I want to talk about work with you. Or talk at all. If we must converse, anything but work would just be wonderful. Okay?!
  • Hey, cable company! What is the point for having HD options on my on demand shows, when half the time the cable box freaks out, turns my screen blue, and I have to exit the On Demand menu. You don't seem to have a real answer for this when I call you...
  • Chicago weather. Can we take a minute to collectively curse at Chicago weather for not making up it's freaking mind? I'm going to be blisteringly hot. Oh, just kidding, I'm going to be overcast and cold. By the way, I'm raining. Wait, not anymore. Wait...now I'm raining again. Don't worry, in three minutes I'll be hot again, AND humid.
  • Do you drive? Do you claim to be a responsible driver? Well, how about actually following the rules on a regular basis. "This is faster." "There aren't any cops or camera's." "I do this all the time." are not even close to comforting. If I have to be in a car with you, you will abide by road laws. Kill yourself on your time.
  • Oh, and by the way, if you're going to be a liar at work, inform the group. Not that I'm going to stick up for your lies, I just want to know at what moment I say something that completely busts you.
Tom Hiddleston, you know my pain.
Tell me that I am not the only one with these issues. Do you relate to any of these complaints? Have anything you want to get off your chest today? Comments are always welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I scream at Mike all the time for his driving. Crazy driving or stopping at the very last minute is not something that impresses me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their driving certainly isn't why we married them :P

      Delete