Jul 5, 2013

When Did I Start Looking For A House?

Didn't I tell you already? No? Yeah, I'm looking for a house. Strange turn of events and infinite kindness on my in-laws part will mean my husband's and my first place won't be a rinky dinky apartment, but an actual house.
Thank you!
So what kind of house am I looking for? You didn't ask? Too bad. Going from most important to least important, here's our top 8.


  1. Good Neighborhood: Crime wise and travel times to grocery stores and the highway.
  2. Spacious bedrooms: Master Bedroom being the most important. Guest bedroom should be cozy. An extra room can be used for an office.
  3. Washer/Dryer Hook Ups: Without this, we will not consider a home.
  4. Decent Sized Kitchen w/ Most Appliances: Good enough to have James and I cooking at the same time. Must at least come with 2 major appliances (dishwasher, oven/stove, fridge).
  5. No Carpet In Common Areas: Would rather have hardwood and tile throughout, but I understand this might not happen. If anything, I would settle for non-carpeted common areas (living/dining). Preferably floors that aren't too dark.
  6. Garage: This would be ideal for our car and also extra storage space.
  7. Backyard: Doesn't have to come fenced in. Enough space for having small get togethers and cook outs. Preferably no trees.
  8. Pool/Patio: Nice size pool/patio area.
I'm not asking for the moon here, people. Did I mention...

No comments:

Post a Comment